Responsible to own the full-life software development lifecycle (SDLC) of application and report development. Assist in gathering initial requirements, analysis and design, development, testing and documentation, and provide support after the deployment of applications and reports. Collaborate in designing and maintaining standards with the user interface and report presentation.
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create applications and reports to integrate and automate education and management processes for schools and district level departments.
- Assist in data analysis to help identify areas of improvement.
- Attend meetings as required to collaborate with other departments.
- Work with local and state entities in data reporting as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the Student Information System as needed.
- As a Senior level programmer, mentor and train as needed.
- Report to the Chief Technical Officer on timelines and project updates.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 3 years related experience in applications programming and development.
- Proficiency in Oracle Application Express (APEX) development tools.
- Proficiency in creating database models/structures for OLAP and OLTP data systems.
- Proficiency in Relational database, SQL and PL/SQL
- Database and application development experience using packages, procedures, pipeline functions, materialized views, bulk collection, etc.
- Experience using IDE program such as Toad, SQL Developer or SQLPlus.
- Experience using statistical tools such as R is a plus.
- Utilize PL/SQL stored procedures and functions within packages, triggers and libraries.
- Ability to leverage Dynamic SQL, ref-cursors, bulk collection, explain plans, materialized views, and performance tuning as needed.
- Written and verbal communications skills with employees, management, and local and state entities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, maintain an attention to detail and accuracy, while working in a team or group environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The job occasionally requires light physical exertion including walking, standing, motor vehicle operation and other forms of light physical activity. Work is carried out in an greeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions and little or no unpleasant elements.
for questions contact Casey Bowen at email@example.com