INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEPARTMENT
Posting #: 4136-08-17-01
Opens: August 15, 2017
POSITION: Computer Specialist
PURPOSE: Performs a variety of working level professional technical support duties as needed to analyze, program and maintain county-wide information, telecommunication and data processing operations of the County.
- Back-end development experience (PHP, Java, .net, PL/SQL)
- Troubleshoot problems with: servers, workstations, peripherals, tablets, audio/visual, and security devices
- Unix, Linux, Windows, experience
- Support end users with system functionality
Database Administration and Software Development:
- Performs software programming along with other software development lifecycle activities (requirements - design, test, document, work with others, and knowledge of C language)
- Oracle experience a plus
- ArcGIS server administration/development a plus
- Graduation from college with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, communication technology, electronics, data management or related field; AND
- Two (2) years of responsible experience performing above and related duties; specific experience computer programming and software management is preferred; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
COMPENSATION & WORK SCHEDULE:
- Salary – Commensurate with experience.
- Full Time with Benefits.
For a copy of this announcement visit our website at www.co.uintah.ut.us or call Human Resources at 435-781-5389.
Please submit a County Application by mail, fax, e-mail, or in person by 5:00 pm on the closing date.
Mailing address: Uintah County Human Resources
152 E. 100 N.
Vernal, UT 84078
Fax #: 435-781-5441
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER